Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bathroom renovation

Some recent events have taken place that pulled me away from my blog, and even from facebook. Taking my blog down was necessary in order to sort some things out in my life that needed sorting. For a very long time.

I'm not at a point right now where I feel comfortable talking about it. With anyone. Not even my husband. We have yet to discuss a very particular event that took place a few weeks ago. I can't bring myself to mention it because as much as it helped, it was also degrading, humiliating, frightening and just flat out awful. Certainly not a constructive way to solve the problem. If anything, it made it worse.

I am back, on a limited, superficial basis. My personal life will not be a part of this blog at the present time. Maybe in the future, but right now, there are just too many bowling balls that I need to deal with before I can open up again.

I've decided to dedicate this blog - for now - to our home improvements. We actually got a tax return this year and minus the expense of a new water heater (that broke the same day as the washer. Also the same day I filed our taxes) we were able to buy new walnut laminate floors, paint, accessories for tiling and new baseboards.

The first - and smallest - project was our guest bathroom. It was seriously frumpy and was desperately in need of some tile! We laid 18 x 18 tile, painted the vanity a beautiful antique white, put new hardware on the drawers and door. We put up new chair rail, wainscoting and baseboards. The project took about 5 days from demo to complete. It took so long because the bathroom is right next to Dade and Emmett's room and we couldn't work after they went to bed, which was difficult because that was the only time we really could work on it.

I forgot to take before pictures, and I haven't gotten the after pictures off the camera yet...so here are the pictures from the (sort of) beginning to the end (sort of)


































So there it is. I'll post the totally finished pictures later.

My project today is to clear out the pantry, knock down a wall to make it bigger, and put new shelves up.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Isn't so fun to make changes in your home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tiles you used in your bathroom. Hope to see the final output of your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Please help me keep my family safe from blog stalkers and psychos by not using our last name or discussing where we live/work. Thanks!