Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Emmett

My little Emmett just can't catch a break.

Our Echo and EKG appointment has been moved up from July to Friday. His weight gain has pretty much stopped and he's turning blue around the mouth at least once a day.

I don't like when Cardiology can get us in quickly...it means they are concerned. And when they are concerned, they are usually right. When they are right...we usually end up needing a cath.

I have anticipated that we would need a cath for the PFO...but I've prayed SO hard that we wouldn't end up needing it. I know that having it will only help him thrive, but from the deepest part of my heart, I know I cannot handle this.

Emmett is still not crawling. Or walking. Or talking. He's 18 1/2 months old and he wears the same size clothes as his 4-month old brother.

Emmett is constantly sick. He usually goes about 2 weeks between colds. The colds last around 2 weeks. We are so tired of the boogers, the crabby mood and the poop that comes with sickness. I'm sure he's even more fed up with it than we are. He's such a trooper and he's been through so much. It's cruel that he has to continue to go through more.

We are also concerned he might be allergic to the dogs which is devastating to me because my puppies are my children. I can't just get rid of them. We got Neo when he was 8 weeks old and he just had his 6th birthday. We got Ellee when she was 8 weeks old and she is about to turn 5. I love them so very much and can't bear even thinking about not having them anymore.

On top of all this stress, we are putting our house up for sale tomorrow afternoon. I posted about that but took it down to revise it so it isn't so...open with so much personal information that isn't really appropriate for everyone in the world to know.

Please, just pray or send good thoughts for my little Emmett as he starts down another long and difficult path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me keep my family safe from blog stalkers and psychos by not using our last name or discussing where we live/work. Thanks!