Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting

So many things have been going through my mind the last few days.

After almost a month on the market, we've been hit with showings like crazy! Today is the 3rd day in a row we have an agent bringing people in. I'm trying to stay positive and keep praying that we get an offer soon. We have so much yard work to do but we can't get to any of it because we have to leave while the house is being shown, and once we get home we have to put the kids in bed, and by that time we're exhausted and just end up going to bed early. We also have to organize the basement because there is 6 years of JUNK spread out over 1900 sq. ft. and it's time to get rid of it.

I have been having mixed feelings about this move. The biggest being the new location. I'm THRILLED to be moving back to the "big city" but not so thrilled at our living situation. We are going to be renting while we save to buy another home. Probably 2-3 years depending on how much we're able to save every month. It's very humbling to go from home ownership back to renting. However, it's also a huge burden lifted. This house has been a money pit. Thousands of dollars have gone in and you can't even tell. We won't have to worry about the financial burden if the basement floods, or if the furnace or water heater go out. We don't have to spend our entire weekend making repairs and upgrades. We get to enjoy our life!

We are tired. We are frustrated. We are broke!

I read a wonderful quote several months ago and I've done my best to abide by those words since reading them. I've spent so many years of my life waiting for things to get better. Waiting for the drama to pass so I can move on. Waiting. Wasting time.

With all the health problems we've gone through with Dade and Emmett, we have been in a constant state of waiting. "Let's wait to go camping until Emmett is off oxygen. Let's wait to go to Disney Land until All the kids are big enough to ride all the rides. Let's wait to go on a cruise until the kids are older" it's all we do.

Waiting to live your life is as pointless as having beautiful china that isn't allowed to be used.

I refuse to lose another day because I'm waiting for my situation to become ideal...because in reality, things are never going to be perfect. There will always be something going on and I need to deal with that, and accept it, and be at peace with it.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain"

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! Good for you, girl!!! Life is NOW. And you have been blessed with a wonderful husband and three beautiful boys to share it with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. My P-Blessings counsels me to not rush thru life wanting things to happen all at once, but to slow down and enjoy each day that is given to me.

    Such good advise, but hard for me!

    Hang in there.....

    ReplyDelete

Please help me keep my family safe from blog stalkers and psychos by not using our last name or discussing where we live/work. Thanks!