Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Anniversary

Justin and I met 12 years ago today. He was serving an LDS mission and came with his companion to visit the coolest family in the ward. I opened the door, looked up, and the earth stopped turning. I knew. There is no other way to describe it other than I. Just. Knew.

We began dating August 28th, 2000 about a month after he returned home from his (honorable!!) mission. On May 9th, 2003 we married. Exactly 3 years (almost to the minute) after we met.

It's been a rough 9 years. A lot of bumps and curves along the way. Days when we knew this was forever, and days when we didn't think we'd last. We aren't perfect and certainly don't claim to be. We've both made mistakes that we regret. We've both hurt each other. The difference is that we CHOOSE to fight. We choose to make it work.

We choose US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please help me keep my family safe from blog stalkers and psychos by not using our last name or discussing where we live/work. Thanks!